"Wonderful, attentive, helpful staff." – Betty
At Village Bank, we believe you are a neighbor, not a number, and that dedication to serve shows in everything we do and say. From the uniquely personal attention we give every individual and business to the time we spend volunteering in our communities' numerous charities, Village Bank is far more than just another bank. It is a place where the power of friendship, community and people working together toward a common goal is alive and prospering. A place where everyone really knows you by name.
Ever since we opened our first branch in 1999, our goal has always been the same: To be the best bank in the Richmond area by providing superior financial services and by helping the community around us grow and prosper. Being locally owned and operated means that we are connected to everyone that we serve and even to those who might not do business with us. We hope that through our efforts we can help those in need and inspire others to donate their time and resources in helping the community as well.
That's why Village Bank has been named "First Choice Business of the Year" in 2010 as well as 2006 and was recently honored as one of the 2011 Best Places to Work in Virginia. Village Bank is very proud to also be honored with FETCH a Cure's "2010 Pet Philanthropy Award". In 2007, we were honored with the "First Choice Community Service Award" by Chesterfield County and also given the Richmond Community Service Award from Richmond City Council in 2009. But it's not the awards that make us do what we do — it's knowing that we have the ability to make a difference. In addition to the efforts described below, we have many more charities and community drives that we participate in or organize each year:
- We are a co-founder of the Families for the Wounded Fund, which has raised more than $3 million to assist families of wounded veterans who come to McGuire Veterans Hospital to be with their loved ones as they recuperate.
- Employees get two days paid time off each year to donate their time and resources to community projects of their choosing.
- Our green initiative includes installing recycling bins at all our locations, moving our customers towards using electronic statements instead of paper ones and instituting a recycling program for all our employees both at the branches and at our offices to reduce waste going to landfills.
- We partner with the Central Virginia Food Bank and Toys for Tots to collect food and toys for underprivileged families.
- Our pet-friendly attitude extends to partnerships with the Richmond Animal Care and Control, SPCA and Fetch a Cure by placing adoption ads to find good homes for animals in need.
- Our annual golf tournament, which has raised more than $175,000 for several charities such as Connor's Heroes, Comfort Zone Camp and Make-A-Wish Foundation.
- We make available our meeting rooms at no cost to civic, charitable and community groups who need space.
- Donations to many other community organizations, such as the American Heart Association, Crimesolvers and Crimestoppers, Rotary International, John Tyler Community College, St. Francis Medical Center and many more.
Please feel free to ask any employee at our branches how you can help Village Bank or any one of its partners make our community a better place to live.