With the Village Bank Debit MasterCard®, you can earn points on daily purchases, redeem them for rewards, and prevent fraud by turning the card on or off in one touch.
Village uChoose Rewards:
Earn points on daily transactions with your personal Village Bank Debit MasterCard® and redeem them for cash back, giftcards and merchandise. All you need to do is sign up! Cardholders will earn:
- 2 points for every $4 spent on signature based transactions
- 1 point for every $4 spent on all other debit purchases
Village CardValet Management:
Card Valet is an app that allows you to manage your card, on your terms. You can control your debit card activity from your smartphone to help prevent fraud or identity theft. Just download the app through the Apple App Store or Google Play and link your accounts. With Card Valet, you can:
- Instantly turn your debit card on or off
- Set transaction controls for dollar amount limits, merchant categories, and geographic locations
- Receive alerts when your debit card is used, approved or exceeds the transaction limits that you set
- Stay in-the-know about potential fraud with alerts on attempted, declined transactions
- Get real-time balances for your accounts and browse recent transactions
Frequently Asked Questions
What benefits are included with my Village Bank Debit MasterCard?
In addition to our rewards program and card valet service, your Village Bank Debit MasterCard has all of the MasterCard benefits that you expect, including Personal Identity Theft Resolution Services, Extended Warranty on purchases, Price Protection, and more. Read about the full MasterCard benefits for your personal card or business card.
Tell me about MasterCard SecureCode.
MasterCard SecureCode is an online security service to guard you against unwarranted use of your card while online shopping at participating merchants. All you need to do is enroll for this service and your Debit MasterCard will have an added layer of security. Once enrolled, you will have the peace of mind knowing that MasterCard is taking an extra step to protect your account.
How Does SecureCode Work?
- Register your Village Bank Debit MasterCard® for your personal SecureCode.
- Shop at participating merchants and pay with your enrolled Village Bank Debit MasterCard®.
- Click Submit to complete your order, like you would normally do.
- The MasterCard® SecureCode box will automatically open on the merchant order form asking for your SecureCode — just like using the PIN at the ATM.
- Enter your unique SecureCode and within seconds, your identity is confirmed and your purchase is complete. This communication is between you and your card issuer and your information is never shared with the merchant.
How do I register for SecureCode?
To register, have your Village Bank Debit MasterCard handy, so you can create your personal SecureCode and start shopping safely. Register now for this completely free service!
If you forget your SecureCode, the Village Bank Customer Care team can help. Contact us at (804) 419-8919 Monday through Friday between 8:00 a.m. and 6:00 p.m. and Saturdays from 9:00 a.m. to noon EST. You can always email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
What should I do if my card is lost or stolen?
If you lost your card or if it was stolen, call Village Bank Customer Care. Contact us at (804) 419-8919 Monday through Friday between 8:00 a.m. and 6:00 p.m. and Saturdays from 9:00 a.m. to noon EST. You can always email us at email@example.com. Call 1-800-472-3272 for our 24-hour service.
If you have the CardValet app, make sure to freeze your card as soon as you have misplaced it.
What should I do if my card is about to expire?
Replacement debit cards are issued on the 15th of the month, before your card expires. They’re mailed in a plain white envelope and Village Bank will not be printed on the envelope for security reasons. Only our address of P.O. Box 330, Midlothian VA, 23113 will appear. Make sure your replacement card isn’t disregarded as junk mail!
How do I avoid problems with my debit card if I’m planning on traveling?
Please give us a heads up through our customer care email, firstname.lastname@example.org. In the email, please give us your travel dates as well as your destination to prevent any disruption in service.
What should I do if I suspect fraudulent activity?
Please contact our Customer Care Team at (804) 419-8919, Monday through Friday between 8:00 a.m. and 6:00 p.m. and on Saturdays from 9:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. EST; use the Customer Care Team email; or call the 24-hour service at 1-800-472-3272.
Make sure to constantly check your statements for any unwarranted activity on your Village Bank mobile banking app. And with Card Valet, you can freeze your card the second you suspect any fraudulent activity.
How do I change my PIN?
Please visit one of our branch ATMs or call 1-800-992-3808.
Are there transaction limits on my debit card?
Yes — your debit card has a maximum dollar limit on in-person transactions as well as when the card is not present (CNP) like online or phone purchases.
The limit for personal cards is $2,500 in person and $2,500 CNP. The limit for business cards is $3,500 in person and $3,500 CNP. Please contact your branch if you would like to increase your limits (subject to approval).
What is a CVV code and how do I find it?
Your Village Bank Debit Card has a 3-digit CVV code located on the back of the card. This code is in place to validate that your card is authentic in situations like mail, telephone or online orders where the card is not present.