Good to see you neighbor! You buy local. Do you bank local?
Do you consider yourself to be mindful about buying local? What about banking local? The benefits of shopping locally, are well known—investing in entrepreneurship and creating local jobs being two examples, but did you know that banking locally has an even greater impact? And without doing anything more than what you normally do already. Village Bank is part of your community, which makes it our community as well. Our employees are your neighbors. We live and work alongside you and like you, we want to see our region flourish. That is why we like to keep it local.
When you bank locally you are helping to:
- Ensure that local money is working to grow the local economy. Together we can keep money flowing into our community. We prioritize the customers and the neighborhoods we serve.
- Create jobs. Community banks play a huge role in funding local small to mid-sized businesses, who employ the neighbors and families in our community. We turn deposit holdings into local loans that spur business growth within the community rather than using those funds for speculative trading—investments that carry with it significant risk.
- Support the local causes and organizations that matter to us all. Our reinvestment back into the community doesn’t stop with those local loans. We support local organizations through donations, employee volunteerism, and sponsoring community events.
- Build and strengthen community relationships. We help encourage our business customers to do more business together, and personal banking clients to patronize those businesses. By all working together and growing closer, our community and our families are more likely to not only succeed but to thrive.
At Village Bank relationships matter.
- At Village Bank, you’re a neighbor, not a number. We get to know YOU. This allows us to understand who you are as a person and how we can better support you as our banking customer.
- When you bank with Village you work with a dedicated banking team that wants to get to know you, your goals, your challenges, and your successes.
- When you call Village Bank you speak with a real person. Customer service is something we pride ourselves on at Village. And we feel we deliver best on that promise when you are able to speak directly to one of us, not an automated system or call center.
- While Village may be a community bank you still have access to the banking technology we’ve all come to count on, as well as nearby branch locations.
- When you bank at Village Bank you are automatically leveraging your hard-earned money to support your local economy. You can invest, not just in yourself, but in your community as well, without any added effort.
We’re not just bankers. We’re community builders.
If you’re a Village Bank neighbor then you’ve likely seen us in more places than just the bank and living down the street. We believe in supporting the community that has supported us. Our employees dedicate hundreds of hours per year to various leadership and volunteer roles throughout the area including local Chambers of Commerce, Rotary Clubs, Communities in Schools programs, local food banks, Keep Virginia Beautiful, Richmond Animal League and dozens of other area programs, walks and charity activities.
Neighbors will tell you, Village Bank is a place where the power of friendship, community, and people working together to achieve their goals is alive and thriving.
Check out Our Community and see how Village Bank is committed to the communities and neighborhoods we serve.