Your privacy is very important to Village Bank. Federal law requires us to tell you how we collect, share, and protect your personal information. Should you prefer to receive the privacy notice via mail, simply contact your local branch and we will mail you a copy upon request.
What Does Village Bank Do With Your Personal Information?
Financial companies choose how they share your personal information. Federal law gives consumers the right to limit some but not all sharing. Federal law also requires us to tell you how we collect, share, and protect your personal information. Please read this notice carefully to understand what we do.
The types of personal information we collect and share depend on the product or service you have with us.
This information can include:
- Social Security number and credit history.
- Account balances and transaction history.
- Income and payment history.
All financial companies need to share customers’ personal information to run their everyday business. In the section below, we list the reasons financial companies can share their customers’ personal information; the reasons Village Bank chooses to share; and whether you can limit this sharing.
|Reasons we can share your personal information
|Does Village Bank share?
|Can you limit this sharing?
|For our everyday business purposes such as to process your transactions, maintain your account(s), respond to court orders and legal investigations, or report to credit bureaus.
|For our marketing purposes to offer our products and services to you.
|For joint marketing with other financial companies.
|We don’t share.
|For our affiliates’ everyday business purposes information about your transactions and experiences.
|For our affiliates’ everyday business purposes information about your creditworthiness.
|For our affiliates to market to you.
|For nonaffiliates to market to you.
|We don’t share.
To limit our sharing:
If you are a new customer, we can begin sharing your information 30 days from the date we sent this notice. When you are no longer our customer, we continue to share your information as described in this notice. However, you can contact us at anytime to limit our sharing.
Please call 866.806.9306.
Who We Are
Who is providing this notice?
What We Do
How does Village Bank protect my personal information?
To protect your personal information from unauthorized access and use, we use security measures that comply with federal law. These measures include computer safeguards and secured files and buildings. We also maintain other physical, electronic and procedural safeguards to protect this information and we limit access to information to those employees for whom access is appropriate.
How does Village Bank collect my personal information?
We collect your personal information, for example, when you
- Open an account or apply for a loan.
- Pay your bills or use your debit or credit card.
- Give us your employment or income information.
Why can’t I limit all sharing?
Federal law gives you the right to limit only:
- Sharing for affiliates’ everyday business purposes – information about your creditworthiness.
- Affiliates from using your information to market to you.
- Sharing for nonaffiliates to market to you.
What happens when I limit sharing for an account I hold jointly with someone else?
Your choices will apply to everyone on your account.
Additional Terms and Conditions
The terms of our credit score management system, My Credit, can be viewed here.
Social Media Terms and Conditions
Village Bank is committed to excellence in everything we do, especially when it comes to our customers and local community. We created our Village Bank Social Media Pages to be a place where the people of our community gather together online, share ideas, exchange insights, inspire, learn more about money and banking, and enjoy getting to know each other and what makes our community so special. Our Social Media Pages are monitored by bank representatives Monday through Friday, 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. except on federal holidays.
We are grateful for your participation. We want all users to be considerate of others, protect private information, and prevent spam posts or comments. Please be aware of a few standard rules to help make your experience a truly exceptional one:
- Our Online Social Media Community comments are reviewed by us.
- To ensure exchanges are productive, informative, respectful of diverse viewpoints and lawful, we will review all comments and we will either delete or not post comments that are or include:
- We will exclude comments not related to the subject of the conversation. If you have an idea for a subject, would like to provide feedback, or would like follow-up, please email us at Marketing@villagebank.com.
- Comments focused on selling a product or service, or comments posted for a purpose of driving traffic to a particular website for personal, political, or monetary gain, will be excluded.
- If you disagree with the content, we’d like to hear from you, but ask that you refrain from personal attacks or being disrespectful of others. Malicious intent and/or participation not in the spirit of civil conversation will be excluded.
- Laws that govern use of copyrights, trade secrets, etc., will be followed.
- Comments including but not limited to, profane or provocative language will be excluded (which means that hateful, racially or ethnically offensive or derogatory content, threats, obscene or sexually explicit language will not be tolerated).
- Please do not provide any of your specific account details or other personal information.
- If you have immediate service needs, please contact our Customer Care Team at 866.897.3900 or visit your local branch.
- Comments in HTML format (or URLs) will not be accepted. Please only enter plain text.
- Village Bank reserves the right to change these guidelines at any time at its sole discretion. The most current guidelines will be available to you online.
- Village Bank does not endorse any comments made by its employees, unless they are an authorized representative of our bank. Village Bank is not responsible for nor validates assertions or forward-looking statements in the comments. All statements and viewpoints expressed in the comments are strictly those of the commenter alone, and do not constitute an official position of Village Bank unless they are posted by the original author (who is an authorized representative of the bank) or by a subject matter expert responding on behalf of that authorized representative.
- If you believe in good faith that materials available on a Village Bank site infringe your copyright, you (or your agent) may send Village Bank a notice requesting us to remove the material or block access to it. If you believe in good faith that someone has wrongly filed a notice of copyright infringement against you, the Digital Millennium Copyright Act permits you to send Village Bank a counter-notice.
Any questions or comments related to these Term & Conditions may be directed to Marketing@villagebank.com. Please include full contact information Name, email address, phone, and city/county of residence.
Companies related by common ownership or control. They can be financial and non-financial companies. Our affiliates include:
- Financial companies such as: Village Bank Mortgage.
Companies not related by common ownership or control. They can be financial and non-financial companies.
- Village Bank does not share with nonaffiliates so they can market to you.
A formal agreement between nonaffiliated financial companies that together market financial products or services to you.